Vardarski Rid is an archaeological site in Gevgelija, Republic of Macedonia of a town dating from Early Antiquity. Archaeological excavations reveal the architectural layout of the monumental stoa, an acropolis, and other segments from the settlement.
It is located on a hill on the east side of todays Gevgelija on the right bank of Vardar River. On its south part there are remains of a fortification and walls from numerous objects.
Evidence is found for continuous occupancy for more than 1000 years – from the end of Bronze Age (13th century BC) until the arrival of the Romans.
The archeological findings point to the existence of well equipped metal, ceramic and textile workshops, as well as other kinds of buildings (storage rooms, stores). Especially interesting and significant among the many mobile findings is the numismatic resource. It consists of discovered coins from all Macedonian rulers.
The most common coins are the silver tetra drachmas. The coins belonging to the period of the first Macedonian king Alexander the First and the Orescs are of particular importance. They are rare findings from the end of the 6th and the beginning of the 5th Century.